Former Senior Africa Athletics championships relay team silver medalist Boniface Mtunga Mweresa is again into the nationwide team following serving his two-year ban for the use of prohibited substances in sports ahead of the Africa championships in Reduit, Mauritius.
After three many years of absent, Mweresa will be competing in 400m along with Collins Omae and William Rayan.
The sprinter, in 2019 was banned from competing after he was identified to have doped with higenamine will be returning to the championships that starts om 8th June to 12th June at the Cote d’Or Countrywide Athletics Complex.
Yesterday, Athletics Kenya named the final squad of 68 athletes, 34 gentlemen and 34 girls that will be symbolizing Kenya at the bi-annual championships.
The team will be underneath the tutelage of Julius Kirwa in which Kenya will have groups in adult men and women’s 4x100m and 4x400m relay races.
Reigning Olympic Video games 3,000m steeplechase bronze medallist and Commonwealth Video games Benjamin Kigen will be trying to find to defend his water and barrier race even though three-time Earth 10,000m bronze medallist Paul Tanui will be chasing his maiden get.
- 100m -Maximilla Imali, Monica Safania, Eunice Kadogo
- 100m hurdles -Priscilla Tabunda
- 200m -Maximilla Imali, Millicent Ndoro, Eunice Kadogo
- 400m – Veronica Mutua, Jacinta Shikanda, Hellen Syombua
- 400m hurdles -Jane Chege, Ann Mwangi
- 800m -Jarinter Mawia, Naomi Korir, Vivian Chebet
- 1500m -Purity Chepkirui, Winny Chebet, Brenda Chebet
- 3000m SC- Jackline Chepkoech, Cellphine Chespol, Carren Chebet
- 5000m – Beatrice Chebet, Caroline Nyaga, Nesphine Jepleting
- 10,000m -Alice Aprot, Judy Komen, Excellent Chepkorir
- 4x100m -Maximilla Imali, Monica Safania, Eunice Kadogo, Millicent Ndoro, Mercy Chebet
- 4x400m- Veronica Mutua, Jacinta Shikanda, Hellen Syombua, Joan Cherono
- 20km Race Walk- Sylvia Kemboi, Emily Ngii, Grace Wanjiru
- Hammer- Lucy Omondi, Linda Oseso, Roselyne Rakamba
- Javelin- Martha Musai
- 100m- Ferdinand Omanyala, Samuel Imeta, Dennis Otieno
- 110m hurdles -Wiseman Had been, Michael Musyoki,
- 200m -Ferdinand Omanyala, Dan Kiviasi, Mike Mokamba
- 400m-Collins Omae, William Rayan, Boniface Mweresa
- 400m hurdles-Wiseman Had been, William Mbevi, Rotich Kipkorir
- 800m -Noah Kibet, Nicholas Kebenei, Elias Ngeny
- 1,500m -Abel Kipsang, Kumari Taki, Daniel Munguti
- 3,000m SC -Abraham Kibiwott, Geoffrey Kirwa, Benjamin Kigen
- 5,000m -Daniel Simiu, Ismael Kirui, Michael Kibet
- 10,000m-Kenneth Kiprop, Julius Chepkwony, Paul Tanui
- 4x100m –Ferdinand Omanyala, Samuel Imeta, Dennis Otieno, Dan Kiviasi, Hesbon Ochieng
- 4x400m- Collins Omae, William Rayan, Boniface Mweresa, Kennedy Kimeu, Nathaniel Kipng’etich
- 20km Race Stroll -Samuel Gathimba, Heristone Wanyonyi, Simon Wachira
- Substantial bounce –Mathew Sawe, Asbel Kiprop
- Triple Soar- Gilbert Pkemoi, Isaac Kirwa, Philip Mwendwa
- Hammer- Dominic Abunda
- Javelin –Julius Yego, Alexander Kiprotich, Methusela Kiprop
- Decathlon-Edwin Also, Gilbert Koech
- Team supervisor- Ainsworth Maragara
Whole Sights: 867 ,