Hull City welcome Birmingham City to MKM Stadium in a mid-table Sky Bet Championship clash.
Victory would lift Hull above their visitors into 18th position, whereas a win would lift Birmingham City up to 12th in the table.
Embed from Getty Images
Callum Elder is a doubt for Hull after he suffered a hamstring injury during last weekend’s defeat at Huddersfield.
Brandon Fleming (foot), James Scott (shin), Benjamin Tetteh, Allah Sayyadmanesh (both hamstring), Salah-Eddine Oulad M’Hand, Harvey Vale (both groin) and Vaughn Covil (knee) all remain ruled out.
Birmingham will be without Dion Sanderson as he serves an one match ban, after he collected his fifth booking of the season in last weekend’s win over Bristol City.
Przemyslaw Placheta (shin), Marc Roberts, George Friend (hamstring), Gary Gardner (calf) and Nico Gordon (unspecified) remain absent.
- Hull are unbeaten in their last six meetings against Birmingham City (W3, D3).
- Birmingham City have lost their last eight Championship visits to Hull (L8).
- Hull have scored seven goals in their last three home games against Birmingham without conceding (W3).
- No Hull player has been involved in more league goals this season than Oscar Estupinian, who has provided eight goals and one assist in 13 league appearances.
- Under John Eustace, Birmingham City have used 3-4-1-2 formation in eight of their 13 league matches this season.
Having seemed to experience an upturn in fortunes following their win over Wigan, Hull fell back to earth with a wasteful display at Huddersfield last weekend which underlines their need to find a new permanent manager ASAP in order to instil stability in a spiralling team.
Birmingham City meanwhile were absolutely clinical across the pitch in their win over Bristol City and given Hull’s form, Eustace’s Brummies can come into this match high on confidence even despite Sanderson’s suspension.
This Championship fixture though has been a hoodoo for the visitors but if there is a better time for them to end that rot, it is surely now because they won’t ever have a stronger opportunity unless Hull turn up with an unbelievable performance.
Prediction: Hull 1-2 Birmingham City